Friday, August 7, 2015

Farmers Markets and kids - big and small!

Farmers Markets and kids - big and small!

Don't forget on my page, there are strawberry and corn pages to color, a kid-do-able recipe and a game or two.


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=538441172861712&l=60f4d47a21
page two
Rick the founder of eatlocalgrown.com just posted an article - visiting a farmers market is good for your kids! I totally agree! (And he doesn't even know about me - the farmers market storyteller!)


Rick reinforces something I read. When I retired from the library, I was concerned my brain would shrink if I didn't flex it every day! A book by the late Durham neurobiologist, Lawrence C. Katz was a jewel I found: Keep Your Brain Alive: 83 Neurobic Exercises. Entry #1 was "brain exercises" you'd find a farmers market! A visit to a farmers market stimulates taste and smell neurons, tactile and spatial relations - it promotes novelty and social interactions... And he didn't even mention that eating local foods boosts your health and nutrition! 

Maybe we'll meet a farmers' market real soon! Cindy



Pinterest:  CynthiaRaxter
Twitter:  @cynthiaraxter
Further adventures:  http://cynthiaraxter.blogsp