Sunday, August 30, 2020

Thursday's Story: Hey Y'all! Watch This!!

I live in a small community and our houses are close together. Sooner or later something I'm doing is going to get on a neighbor's nerves. And someone is going to get on mine.
   
Bynum Front Porch's Sunshine Library     
      Leave one. Take one. Any bench will do.

Then I turn on the tv to escape... wrong. 
   
Then I go on Facebook to surf.... nope. Can't hide there either. 
   
Then there is YET ANOTHER ZOOM MEETING.
   
And then the INtERnEtS is down. DOWN. 
Down. 
Down. 
D-O-W-N down. down. down.
   
Have you ever felt like the whole world, us included, needs to take a deep breath? Pretend to be at the beach for a week? Wait. We can't. We have on masks. And. There was that hurricane....
   
We are living in paradise and the World's angst even seems to have made it here ... Here. Even to our precious Bynum.
   
Isn't it time for one of us idiots to say, "Hey yall. Watch this. Let's get out 2-3 water hoses and make that giant bank above the turbine building into a mudside!!! Are the FIRE ANTS gone?" Yes. I definitely think it is time for some shenanigans. 
   
I have found when I am feeling bad - out of whack - worried.... if I do something good for someone else. No matter how small. It makes me feel better.
   
And when someone does something outrageous. Unexpected. It makes us laugh. When we laugh we breathe deeply. Ah.
   
We need a parade.
   
Stargazing on the bridge with our chairs ten feet apart. 
   
A water balloon fight at the ballfield.
   
Chalk art on the streets... All the streets.
   
A giant weed whacking party in my yard???
   
I know. Let's put the speakers on the porch. Crank up the stereo with that Donna Summer CD we all have. Still. AND DANCE IN THE STREETS.
   
"Hey y'all. Watch this!!" Most brilliant words. Ever. Spoken.






















All my love. Cindy












cynthiaraxter@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment