Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Just like Elvis, I'm Taking Care of Business!!

Ra!! Ra!! Ra!! High on my "Need to do Desperately" list! There are new stories on Soundcloud for adults and children! Here are the links:

https://soundcloud.com/cynthia-raxter/the-zero-bar-saga
https://soundcloud.com/cynthia-raxter/the-day-i-was-ready-to-trade

On my webpage, there is a new drawing for coloring by Renee Clayton, "Tomato Farm." Renee is a farmer at the Durham Farmers Market. This is the second drawing she's done for the kids. You'll also find on the page "Everyone Loves Corn." The little girl beside the corn plant is her daughter (and one of my most faithful listeners).

I love to color Renee's pictures too!! I think she needs to do a coloring book for adults.


ALSO brand spanking new on the page: "T is for Tomato activity sheet" - with a kid-friendly recipe, coloring and word search. And "T is for Tomato coloring page". Note: You'll always find the links for drawings, activity sheets and Soundcloud stories on my webpage.

I love doing the activity sheets! It is fun to come up with recipes kids can do by themselves! I run the recipe ideas by moms - they give great suggestions!! If you enjoy inventing things like that too, I post questions on my Facebook page. Help and guidance are always welcome!

What else is news? In case you missed the announcement all proceeds from storytelling in August go to TABLE - a group that distributes backpack snacks and easy to fix meals for kids -- to get them through weekends and during school holidays when free school lunches are not available. I'll be storytelling at their food truck rodeo in Carrboro on August 23 6-8pm. 10% of the food truck sales goes to TABLE! Arts and craft vendors, face painters and balloon man will be there too! :-)

Last don't miss the Storytelling for Grownups show at the Raleigh Street Gallery in Siler City during the Third Friday Art Walk!! I am very excited. Wine and cheese start at 6pm... stories shortly thereafter. The Storytelling for Grownups show at the Joyful Jewel in March WAS a great night. What I say is true!! "Storytelling is only as good as the audience!" And this night the audience will be incredible! 

The NC Arts Incubator and coffee shop are just around the corner. The Courtyard pavillion with music is next door!

Hmmmm!!! Succotashed - a new farm to fork restaurant, just opened on Raleigh Street... They are doing breakfast and lunch so far. Maybe they'll be open for dinner that night! I'll check!

Hope to see you real soon! Many hugs! c.

P.S. NEW show just added to the Calendar for tonight! "Premiere comedy night The Brickhouse Sports Pub on Tuesday at 9PM. YES I'll be there and YES I'll have on the sparkly clothes. Jamie Stokes is hosting!!!!! —  feeling pretty."